Mornings are made for breakfast.
Starting this January, I’ve made it a habit to rise out of bed by the time the clock strikes 6 if only for the inviting aroma of bread and butter (it’s more of a personal challenge, actually) and so far, I’ve been successful. But no matter what delicacies you start your AM with – croissants, English breakfast tea, muffins, orange juice, buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup, grilled tomatoes, beef sausages, et cetera – light, playful tunes are bound to excite you and set you up for the day.
Let music be a savory treat for your ears. So pick a morning soundtrack and eat, listen and be jolly. No time to assemble your track list? Here are whimsical ideas you can steal for a relaxing musical breakfast. Mix them with your own for a personalized morning playlist.
- “”Jolly Holiday” – Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke (from Mary Poppins)
- “It’s a Good Day” – Peggy Lee
- “Good Morning” – Debbie Reynolds, Gene Kelly and Donald O’Connor (from Singin’ in the Rain)
- ”Isn’t This a Lovely Day” – Ella Fitzgerald
- ”Boy in a Rock N Roll Band” – The Pierces
- “Frim Fram Sauce” – Diana Krall
- ”Chasing Pirates” – Norah Jones
- “Lulu’s Pie Song” – Sara Bareilles (from Waitress)
- “It’s a Wonderful World” – Joan Chamorro, Andrea Motis, Bobby Gordon & Sant Andreu Jazz Band
- ”Mona Lisa” – Nat King Cole
- “Another Day of Sun” – La La Land Cast (from La La Land)
- “What a Difference a Day Makes” – Jamie Cullum
- “A Wink and a Smile” – Harry Connick Jr. (from Sleepless in Seattle)
- “Wonderful” – Idina Menzel and Joel Grey (from Wicked)
- “In a World of My Own” – Kathryn Beaumont (from Alice in Wonderland)
- “White Winter Hymnal” – Birdy
- ”City Love” – John Mayer
- “Goody Goody” – Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga
- “My Sugar is So Refined” – Johnny Mercer and the Pied Pipers
- ”A Spoonful of Sugar” – Julie Andrews (from Mary Poppins)